Back / Torso
Leave Your Phone Number, Our Experts Will Call You
Inner Health Clinic, we treat our patients with tailored evidence based treatment regiments.
Common events leading or contributing to the development of lower back pain include:
- incomplete rehabilitation of past injuries
- lack of proper and periodic lumbar spinal alignments
- presence of lumbar spine misalignment
- improper lifting techniques
- auto accidents
- improper workstation setup
- poor posture
- prolonged sitting
- prolonged use of non-ergonomically designed equipment
- excessive repetitive torsal motions
- exposure to vibratory forces (truck drivers, jack hammer operators)
- scoliosis (lateral deviation of the spine)
- fallen foot arches and other foot abnormalities
- physical inactivity
- poor diet and nutritional practices
Structures which are often the source of lower back pain include:
- lumbar intervertebral discs
- lumbar facet joints and joint capsules
- lumbar and pelvic muscles and ligaments
- lumbar and sacral spinal nerves
- sacroiliac joints
Chiropractic doctors have successfully treated low back pain for over 100 years. Through the use of natural and safe procedures, chiropractors correct the underlying problems which cause and contribute to the majority of low back pain cases.
The main treatment employed by the chiropractor is the chiropractic spinal adjustment. This non-invasive therapy consists of a gentle, manually or mechanically applied force into the segments of the spinal column. Spinal adjustments have been shown to decrease pain, increase spinal range of motion, decrease muscle spasm, reduce inflammation, optimize spinal biomechanics, and reduce the recurrence of old injuries.
At Inner Health, we help low back pain through our multidisciplinary approach, which includes: spinal adjustment, myofascial release techniques, acupuncture and dry needling as well as eastern cupping techniques.