Whiplash is an injury which results from sudden acceleration-deceleration forces on the neck. The term encompasses a variety issues affecting muscles, joints, bones, ligaments, discs and nerves.
Whiplash generally results from a traumatic event involving sudden acceleration-deceleration forces. The most common cause for whiplash is a motor vehicle accident. Other potential causes may include roller-coasters, bungy jumping or a sports-related collision.
Leave Your Phone Number, Our Experts Will Call You
Inner Health Clinic, we treat our patients with tailored evidence based treatment regiments.
Symptoms:Some of the important conditions of whiplash are:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Headace and shoulder pain
- Dizzness and fatigue
- Jaw and arm pain
- Sight disturbance
- Back pain
- post-traumatic stress syndrome and etc
- Pins and needles in arms
Treatments:Although there are different types of treatments associated with whip la. But here below are the important treatments of whip la, but should be taken by an expert professional who have years of experience:
- Continuing your normal daily regime
- Active treatment guided by your chiropractor
- Exercise to encourage flexibility, strength and good posture
- Fine neck muscle and proprioception retraining programs guided by a chiropractor
- Acupuncture or dry needling for pain relief
- Education on the injury
- Joint mobilisation or manipulation to loosen stiff joints
- Medication to assist your pain, muscle tension or to assist you psychologically
- Psychologist advice
- Vestibular rehabilitation if dizziness is one of your symptoms
- Soft tissue massage may assist for short-term muscle tension relief
- Electrotherapy for pain relief and to assist early healing
Benefits:Taking proper medication and treatments offer huge benefits in reducing whiplash. Some of the important benefits of whiplash are:
- Reduce headache
- Increase mobility and range of movement
- Decrease pain
- Improve quality of live
- Increase ability to do work effectively.