TMJ – also known as Temporomandibular Joint Disorders that can affect anyone. Temporomandibular joint is a portion that connects your jaw to the temporal bone of the skull that reaches the ear. Temporomandibular joint helps to move your jaw in all direction and give ease to yawn, chew and talk. When issues arise related to your jaw muscle of your face, then situation is known as TMJ.
It is really hard to figure out the causes of TMJ. However, many physicians believe that Temporomandibular Joint Disorders arise due to jaw muscle problem and other areas of the joint. Jaw injury, the joint of your head and neck can bring TMJ problem. Trauma to the jaw area can bring TMD. Some other causes include:
- Teeth grinding or clenching generates joint pressure.
- Joint arthritis and socket and joint problems generate TMJ.
- Jaw muscles infection can lead to TMD.
Leave Your Phone Number, Our Experts Will Call You
Inner Health Clinic, we treat our patients with tailored evidence based treatment regiments.
Conditions:Temporomandibular Joint Disorders can bring huge pain and discomfort. This type of main can become temporary or can be permanent. This type of pain can affect at the both side of your face. TMD affects to people who are within the age of twenty to forty.
- Masticatory muscle dysfunction,
- Derangement/displacement of TMJ articular disc
- Bruxism: nocturnal grinding of teeth leads to increased pressure in TMJ and asymmetrical movement.
- Occlusal Problems: Poor bite, Asymmetrical or Retrognathic (underbite, overbite).
Treatments:Some of the important treatments of TMJ are:
- Remedial Massage
- Dental Work
- A Splint or Night Guard
Benefits:Taking proper medication and treatments offer benefits like:
- Reduce headache
- Increase mobility and range of movement
- Decrease pain
- Improve quality of live
- Increase ability to chew foods.